Why should I become a Youth4Ocean Forum member?
Not a member of the Youth4Ocean Forum? You are welcome to view the information and resources on the Youth4Ocean Forum without logging in. If you would like to add content, resources or events, share your ideas or exchange with other members in the discussion forum, you need to create your EU Login and become member of our online community. We are looking forward to getting you onboard! Registration for our online community is open to everyone and free. Detailed information on how to register can be found below.
You carry out ocean educational or conservation activities, or have an arts project or an entrepreneural business case in mind that has the potential to change things for the ocean in your area and you are looking for a more active engagement with the Youth4Ocean Forum or EU4Ocean experts. Then you can submit your project and get accredited as EU Young Ocean Advocate.
Code of Conduct
Relationships with forum members and the EU4Ocean Coalition members and partners:
- Treat each other fairly and with respect,
- Respect other people’s and the group’s privacy,
- Role model for other young people, and
- Work to the best of your ability.
Members will conduct their dealings with each other in ways that:
- Are open and honest,
- Maintain integrity,
- Focus on issues rather than personalities,
- Avoid aggressive, offensive and abusive conduct.
Terms of Reference of the Youth4Ocean Forum
Further information on the activities, organisation, governance and roles of members is available in the Terms of Reference of the Youth4Ocean Forum:
How can I become a member of the Youth4Ocean Forum?
Step 1: Create your EU Login
The Youth4Ocean Forum is hosted on the official maritime forum website of the European Commission. Therefore, you need to have your EU Login and password to participate in our online community.
If you already have an EU login, you can login to the maritime forum website and skip this step.
- Go to the EU Login page and click on "Create an account" link on the EU Login main page. Fill in the provided form with your personal details.
EU Login page
- You will receive an e-mail from the EU Login automated password service. Follow the instructions to set your password.
- Before you can login with your EU login to the maritime forum website, you need to choose your verification method. Go to EU Login page and login with your chosen password. Once successfully authenticated, move the mouse over the gear at the top right corner to display the menu and select "My Account". Click on "Manage my mobile phone numbers". Click on "Add a mobile phone number". When clicking "Add", an SMS is sent to your mobile device. The SMS contains a code that you need to type in. Click on “Finalise”.
Step 2: Log in with your EU Login
- Go to the Maritime Forum Login page and login by clicking on "EU Login". Choose “Mobile Phone + SMS” as a verification method and type in the code that will be sent to your mobile phone number.
Maritime Forum Login page
- After you have logged in to the Maritime Forum website for the first time, your account need to be activated by a site administrator. This might take up to one or two days in some cases. After your account has been activated, you will receive an automatic email.
If you have any problems or questions regarding the EU Login process, please take a look at this EU Login Tutorial. Detailed instructions and step by step guidelines for the EU Login are also available in the website user manual.
Step 3: Request to join the community
Become a member of the Youth4Ocean online community by requesting to join via the button below:
How can I be involved in the online community
As a member of our Youth4Ocean Forum Online Community, you can get involved by posting articles about your own activities or exchange ideas with other members in the discussion forum. For detailed explanations on how to use the technical functionalities of the website, please take a look in our website handbook.
How can I submit my project and become a Young Ocean Advocate?
Young people between 16 and 30 years old can submit their projects and apply for accreditation of the European Union as EU Young Ocean Advocate.
As an EU Young Ocean Advocate you will have the chance to showcase your project, participate and pitch your ideas in European events, connect with mentors, network with leading European experts, participate in working groups along with stakeholders and decision-makers to address ocean challenges, and benefit from coaching and mentoring resources to make a positive change.
Your short biography and your project(s) will be supported and showcased on the Youth4Ocean Forum and at European events to enhance their wider take-up and impact.
Become a Young Ocean Advocate mentor
If you are over 30 years old and you want to become involved in the Youth4Ocean Forum as the EU Young Ocean Advocate mentor, please apply for EU4Ocean Platform membership.