Submit your pledge
No matter where you live, what you do or the size of your contribution, we can all act together for a healthy ocean in Europe and beyond .
Any type of pledge that serves our ocean will be accepted, so use your imagination, get creative and - together - we will make this happen.
As a citizen
- I pledge to reduce my use of single use plastics by 90%
- I pledge to stop using single-use plastics (for example: I will stop using plastic straws, disposable water bottles, plastic cutlery, cotton ear buds etc)
- I pledge to only eat certified sustainable seafood
- I pledge to volunteer at a local non-profit dedicated to ocean protection
- I pledge to support a (local) non-profit dedicated to ocean protection through a monthly donation
- I pledge to pick up (plastic) rubbish on my walk at least once a week
- I pledge to reduce the use of my car by 50% and take my bicycle or public transport where possible.
- I pledge to organise a beach / neighbourhood clean-up with my community.
As a company/business
- We pledge to only serve sustainable seafood in our canteen.
- As a car/battery/technology/renewable technology company, we pledge not to source minerals from the deep sea, until sustainable supply is guaranteed.
- We pledge to remove all single-use plastics from our canteen.
- We pledge to invite an ocean advocate to our business for a seminar on the ocean and why it is important to protect it.
- We pledge to hold a company fundraiser for an ocean-based charity or initiative.
- We pledge to sponsor an ocean-based initiative / organisation.
As an educator
- I pledge to include basic lessons about the ocean in my classroom / curriculum
- I pledge to take my children to the beach for a beach clean-up and teach them about the importance of a healthy ocean
- I pledge to spend 1/2 a day per semester teaching my class about the ocean.
- I pledge to invite an ocean advocate to my school to talk about the ocean
- I pledge to organise a creative fundraiser (e.g. a fun run) with my class / school for an ocean organisation / charity.
As an influencer/celebrity
- I pledge to promote only sustainable products on my platform
- I pledge to post at least one post on the importance of the ocean every week
- I pledge to invite an ocean-based organisation and / or advocate to take over my social media account for a day to promote ocean causes.
I will make my own personal pledges for the ocean (avoid single use plastics, etc.) and share them across my platforms.