'Working group 1 Macroalgae production’ aims at supporting the sustainable scale-up of European seaweed cultivation by facilitating knowledge and experience sharing between seaweed farmers, creating a bridge between the seaweed farmers community and other stakeholders groups (e.g., policy makers, journalists, investors, etc.), and inspiring new entrants to launch and develop seaweed farms in Europe.
The following activities and outcomes are foreseen:
- Upgrade and update of the Licensing Toolkit developed by Seaweed for Europe;
- 3 networking sessions with algae farmers from other continents;
- 3 webinars with latest developments on seaweed cultivation;
- 3 on-site trips for journalists and policy-makers to visit farms;
- A report on the creation of an European public seed bank;
- Map potential sources of financing for seaweed farmers.