The ocean offers a range of mitigation and adaptation opportunities for nations to combat climate change and increase ambition on CO2 emission reduction provided its resources are used sustainably for the benefits of people around the world.
Are you between 16 and 30 years old and are you deeply concerned by the Ocean and climate change?
Do you have a project in mind to raise awareness on climate change and the ocean or an innovative business plan to use marine resources in a sustainable way and combat climate change?
Or maybe you organise ocean literacy activities with children, other young people or a local community?
Or something completely different and unexpected that you think has the potential to change things?
Then we are looking for you!
The #Youth4Ocean Forum is launching a new call for project proposals, designed to promote the ideas of young change-makers! All across Europe, we are looking for young people that either are or would like to develop an ocean and climate-related project and who are keen to become Young Ocean Advocates.
The deadline for submission is December the 15th, 2021.
If your project is successful, you will be accredited as Young Ocean Advocate and you will enjoy a range of benefits and support for your project.
Click HEREto learn more and to apply.
What do you get out of it?
As a Young Ocean Advocate, you will have access to exclusive benefits and resources to make a positive change for the Ocean:
- Your project and personal profile will be showcased in the Youth4Ocean Forum section on the Maritime Forum website of the European Commission, and promoted on social media by the EU4Ocean Coalition;
- You will get support and guidance from members of the EU4Ocean Coalition, to help you carry out your activities;
- You will have access to the coaching/mentoring by the EU4Ocean Coalition members to develop your project and skills;
- You will be invited to participate in the EU4Ocean sea basin events on an equal footing with the EU4Ocean Coalition other members and get the chance to pitch your project and ideas in front of a broad audience;
- You will be able to attend events and network with leading experts, likeminded young people and professionals from all over Europe.
- You will get access to tools and networks to promote ocean literacy in Europe.
- You will be able to participate in EU4Ocean Coalition discussion groups on topics: Food from the Ocean, Climate & Ocean, Healthy & Clean Ocean;
- And last but not least, you will have the possibility to participate in the EU4Ocean final event (to be held in one the EU Member States in 2022), and to win an award for your project.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for all kinds of projects or project ideas that are related to Ocean and Climate. You can find more information in the Guidelines which include a handy FAQ section.
You should be:
- From Europe.
Your project or idea should be:
- Relevant to the Ocean and Climate topic: focusing on science education; or conservation; research, Blue Economy and entrepreneurship; marine energy; maritime transport; coastal tourism; performing or visual arts; sports; etc.
- Bringing a solution to a marine and/or social challenge, promoting sustainable development, community engagement, good practice and behaviour; etc.
All kinds of ideas to create the Ocean we want are welcome and there’s no limit to imagination!
Your project is not related to the Ocean and Climate topic?
You can still submit it!
We welcome applications from anyone involved or interested in the sustainable use of marine resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods, and jobs while preserving the health of marine ecosystems.