Date and time: 23 May 2023 (09:30-18:00) (all times in Central European Time, CEST)
Location: In-person (IFREMER, 1625 route de Sainte-Anne, 29280 Plouzané, Brest, France. Meeting room at Polar Institute building, Salle de reunion IPEV – Pascal Le Mauguen – 1st floor).
Meeting Chair: Jan-Bart Calewaert (EMODnet Secretariat)
Type of meeting: In-person
Tuesday 23 May 09h30-12h00 CET Closed Session
09:30 EMODnet Closed Session* convenes
Welcome and Updates (EMODnet Secretariat and DG MARE) - 10'
- Practical arrangements (EMODnet Secretariat)
- Introduction to the meeting agenda, agenda adoption and outline of key expected outcomes (EMODnet Secretariat)
Operational updates from the Secretariat (EMODnet Secretariat) – 15’
- List and status of actions from previous meeting (Autumn 2022, 17th SC)
Centralisation: informing SC on specific updates from 13th TWG (EMODnet Secretariat) - 15'
10:10-10:30 COMFORT BREAK 20’
EMODnet Open Conference and Jamboree, November 2023 (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL) - 40'
- Overview of Conference week plan, timing and next steps (EMODnet Secretariat)
- Jamboree: Discussion on EMOD-network requirements, cross-thematic sessions (ALL)
- Open Conference: Overview and high-level discussion on programme and EMOD-network and wider stakeholder contribution (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL)
Dialogue on wider partnerships - 15'
- Copernicus Marine Service (EMODnet Secretariat, DG MARE, DG Defis, ALL)
- EMODnet for UN Ocean Decade (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL)
- EMODnet as a Decade Implementing Partner; EMODnet for the Ocean Decade Coordination and Implementation Group: Operational update (EMODnet Secretariat)
- IODE: EMODnet Recommendations for future evolution
12:00-13:30LUNCH at Ifremer cafeteria (at own costs, cash only)- 90’
Tuesday 23 May 13h30-18h00 CET Open Session
13:30 EMODnet Open*/Joint Session convenes
*This session will be open for members of the Technical Working Group and EC Marine Knowledge Expert Group (MKEG)
Welcome and Updates (EMODnet Secretariat and DG MARE) – 25’
- Practical arrangements and guidelines (EMODnet Secretariat)
- Introduction to the meeting’s afternoon agenda, agenda adoption and outline of key expected outcomes (EMODnet Secretariat)
- EMODnet current status, wider perspectives, evaluation & Marine Knowledge Expert Group updates (EC, DG MARE, CINEA)
Centralisation overview: high-level updates (EMODnet Secretariat) - 10'
Updates from EMODnet 7 Thematics & Data Ingestion (All coordinators) (including a comfort break 15’ & 10’ minutes discussion) – 115’
- Coordinators give key updates and forward look (7’ presentation per EMODnet Coordinator + 3’ questions/talk)
COMFORT BREAK 15’
- Updates from EMODnet Coordinators (continued)
EMODnet Use Cases (DG MARE, EMODnet Secretariat and ALL) – 10’
EMODnet Events (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL) – 15’
- Open Sea Lab III – de-brief
- EMODnet at EMD2023
- EMODnet for Business – coastal tourism workshop, September 2023
- Open Conference and Jamboree 2023 – high-level updates
European Ocean Observing: Update on EC Ocean Observation initiative (EC DG MARE) & EMODnet activities and contribution to wider fora (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL) – 15’
EMODnet and EU Marine Directives – 10’
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (EC DG MARE, ALL)
- Marine Spatial Planning (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL)
EMODnet Partnerships - 40'
- Copernicus Marine Service (EMODnet Secretariat & ALL)
- JPI Oceans Knowledge Hub on Sea Level Rise (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL)
- EU Green Deal Data Space and Digital Twin Ocean (EMODnet Central Portal, Secretariat, DG MARE)
- EMOD-PACE (EU-China)
- Ocean Decade Data Coordination Group and the Decade’s Ocean Data and Information Strategy
- EMODnet contribution to activities
Next SC meeting – 5’
Any Other Business (ALL) – 5’
Concluding remarks (EMODnet Secretariat & DG MARE) - 5'