Date and time: Monday 7 November 2022 (13:00-17:30), Tuesday 8 November 2022 (09:30-12:00) (all times in Central European Time, CET)
Location: Hybrid (Ostend and/or Brussels hub of Secretariat & DG MARE, connecting to SC online)
Meeting Chair: Jan-Bart Calewaert (Head, EMODnet Secretariat)
Type of meeting: Open session (7 November PM) & Closed session (8 November AM)
Day 1, Monday 7 November PM 13:00-17:30 CET Open/joint Session*
*This session will be open for members of the Technical Working Group and EC Marine Knowledge Expert Group (MKEG)
13:00 EMODnet Open/Joint Session convenes
Welcome and Updates (EMODnet Secretariat and DG MARE) - 10'
- Practical arrangements and guidelines for remote meetings (EMODnet Secretariat)
- Introduction to the meeting agenda, agenda adoption and outline of key expected outcomes (EMODnet Secretariat)
- EMODnet current status, wider perspectives & Marine Knowledge Expert Group updates (EC, DG MARE, CINEA)
Centralisation overview: overview on progress, demonstration of new Central Portal functionalities and services, step-wise implementation and communication process with high-level updates from 12th TWG, 21-22 September (EMODnet Secretariat) - 30'
Updates from EMODnet 7 Thematics & Data Ingestion (All coordinators) (including a comfort break & 10 minutes discussion) – 105'
- Coordinators give key updates and forward look (7’ presentation per EMODnet Coordinator + 3’ questions/talk)
14:30-14:45 COMFORT BREAK
- Updates from EMODnet Coordinators (continued)
Update and discussion on external communication activities for centralisation 2022-2023 (EMODnet Secretariat) - 15'
EMODnet for Business: Key takeaways from Offshore Renewable Energy events 2022 & discussion on 2023 focus areas/sectors (EC DG MARE, Secretariat, MKEG, ALL) - 10’
EMODnet Flagship events in 2023: Overview and high-level discussion on programme and EMOD-network and wider stakeholder contribution (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL) - 15'
- Open Sea Lab III (Hackathon), Spring 2023
- Open Conference, November 2023
16:05-16:20 COMFORT BREAK
EMODnet Partnerships - 45'
- Copernicus Marine Service: joint coastal workshop & Copernicus coastal biodiversity workshop (EMODnet Secretariat, EMODnet Biology/Seabed Habitats)
- JPI Oceans Knowledge Hub on Sea Level Rise
- EU Green Deal Data Space and Digital Twin Ocean (EMODnet Central Portal & DG MARE)
- EMOD-PACE (EU-China)
- EU-Canada Ocean Partnership Forum
- UN Ocean Decade Data Coordination Group and EMODnet contribution to activities
European Ocean Observing: Update on EC Ocean Observation initiative (EC DG MARE) & EMODnet activities and contribution to wider fora (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL) – 15’
Any Other Business (ALL) – 5’
Concluding remarks (EMODnet Secretariat & DG MARE) - 5'
17:30 Open Session closes
Day 2, Tuesday 8 November 09:30-12:00 CET Closed Session
09:30 Closed Session convenes
Operational updates from the Secretariat (EMODnet Secretariat) - 10'
- List and status of actions from previous meeting
SC discussion on centralisation - 30'
- Technical steps towards implementation (EMODnet Central Portal, Secretariat, ALL)
- Communication steps and guidelines for Coordinators (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL)
- External communication (EMODnet Secretariat, ALL)
EMODnet Flagship events: Updates and feedback on content and contributions - 40'
- Open Sea Lab III: EMODnet Coordinator and SC roles
- Open Conference & Jamboree 2023 Interactive discussion on programme (building on 7 November) and Jamboree
10:50-11:05 COMFORT BREAK
Dialogue on cross-thematic activities & wider partnerships - 30'
- Wider partnerships: EMODnet for Global (EMODnet Secretariat)
- EMODnet cross-thematic dialogues (EMODnet Coordinators)
- Q&A with SC
- Identify interest for longer cross-thematic dialogues at Spring 2023 SC
Timing and location of next SC (ALL) – 5’
DG MARE & CINEA reflections on future EMODnet developments, partnerships, etc (DG MARE, CINEA) – 10'
Any Other Business (ALL) – 5’
Concluding remarks (EMODnet Secretariat, DG MARE) – 5’
12:00 Closed Session closes
Go to the meeting minutes and presentations