Target audience: Youth, Young professionals
Time: All day
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Organised byThe Marine Diaries
Obsessed with all things watery? Join the club! Want to turn your love for the ocean into a profession? Look no further. We know (from experience) that starting out in the marine industry can be daunting. But not to worry, The Marine Diaries is here to help!
Whether you’re just starting out on your ocean career, at school or university, a seasoned ocean professional looking to change track, or you’re just looking to find out more about marine careers - you can get advice from this workshop.
We were joined by ocean professionals from around the world, who shared the following:
- Personal stories from their careers
- A ‘day in the life’ of their work
- How they got to where they are today
- Their top tips on how to follow in their footsteps
- Yann Leymarire, Surfrider Foundation - Marine policy
- Josh McInnes, The University of British Columbia - Academic (Masters student, killer whale research)
- Matt Drysdale, Horniman Museum - Aquarist
- Lizzie Daly - Wildlife presenter
For more career advice and useful links